Prof. Alessandro Gennaro
Prof. Simone La Bella
Prof.ssa Michela Matarazzo
Prof. Carlo Melchiorri
The Department of Economics and Business Science (DSEA) welcomes faculty members and students, who are committed to teaching and studying economic theories and managerial sciences, contributing to the wide range of forces that shape our society.
The Department’s mission is to provide stimulating multi-disciplinary research projects, ensuring high-quality research activities and identifying new fields of study.
DSEA encourages critical thinking skills and promotes the use of analytical tools to understand the most important current economic and social issues, adopting economic theories and models, as well as interpreting empirical and historical evidence to advance strong personal and professional outcomes.
DSEA also coordinates scientific research based on entrepreneurial behaviors, on firms' organization and performances, on regulation and supervision of financial markets and on international business law.
DSEA organizes PhD programs, MBAs, graduate schools and master classes, seminars and conferences, combining academic research with specific professional skills and consulting activities for private companies and public institutions.
Research Areas and Objectives
DESEA focuses on the following economic research fields:
- Economic theory and models (Economic policies of the European Union; Global economy; Economics of Infrastructure and Transport; Geo-political economics);
- Corporate governance and business management (Ownership structure and corporate governance systems; Intellectual capital and business performance; Internationalization of firms and "country of origin" effect; Financial management and financing policies; Business valuation);
- Financial markets and institutions (Financial systems analysis; Banking systems in emerging countries; Economics and management of Financial Intermediaries; Micro-finance; Financial regulation and supervision; Institutional investors and M&A; Risk management);
- Business Law (International business law; Corporate default and Insolvency; Financial market law; Banking law and banking crises);
- Mathematics and statistics for economic decisions (Stochastic processes in finance and insurance; Models for economic forecasting and economic behaviors; Geo-statistic and geo-referencing; Data-collection and data-analysis).
As concerns the Previous Experiences in Research Projects, members of DSEA have been involved in national and international research projects. The DSEA established scientific partnerships with research institutes and professional associations that operates in the fields of interest of the Department.