The Bachelor Degree (B.D.) in Psychological Science and Techniques is designed to provide students with a comprehensive foundation of psychology.
More specifically, the course objectives are:
- The creation of a junior psychologist able to, in collaboration with and under the supervision of a senior psychologist, develop and put into practice the principles, models, and methods acquired in different fields of psychology, contributing to the development and welfare of individuals, groups, companies and organizations
- The training of graduates who, thanks to the acquisition of a foundation in various sectors of psychology, can continue with their studies, enrolling in a second-level degree course to deepen specific aspects of psychological disciplines and professional applications
The Bachelor’s Degree is a 3-year program taught in both Italian and English and offered in an online modality, combining the following different multimedia learning tools:
- Audio-video lessons (accessible through the web platform in an asynchronous way)
- Text materials (accessible through the web platform);
- Self-Assessments: true/false questions, multiple choice, hot-spot image, chart test, role playing, simulations (accessible through the web platform);
- Written assignments requiring the accomplishment of specific tasks in which students show their Mastery of methodologies, tools and critical autonomy.
The final exam of the degree program, intended to assess the technical-scientific and professional preparation of the student, consists of the completion and discussion of a written dissertation.
In order to be admitted to the Bachelor of Psychological Science and Techniques, applicants must possess a valid high school diploma.
180 ECTS (European Credits Transfer and Accumulation System)
135 Quarter Credits
- Participate in planning and assessment of psychological and psychosocial interventions
- Psycho-educational interventions aimed at promoting the full development of the potential for personal growth that is conclusive of social participation
- Observation from psychological thesis and other analysis tools to evaluation the behavior, personality, cognitive processes and social interaction, opinions of attitudes, of psychological tasks and conditions
- Use by people with disabilities psychological tools to develop or recover functional skills of cognitive, practical, emotional and relational, to stop the regression function in case of chronic diseases, and to find formulas of facilitating alternatives
- Use psychological tools for educational guidance and professional management focused on development of human resources
- Use psychological tools and ergonomic to make it effective and safe work place, the working behavior and trafficking, to implement preventive and training on safety issues with individuals, groups, and communities. This method will change and improve behaviors of people in group situation of people at risk
- Loading and processing of statistical data for psychological research
Outcomes and Professional Profile
The Bachelor of Psychological Science and Techniques, in line with indications adopted from the scientific and professional community of psychologists in Italy and throughout Europe, does not provide adequate knowledge for independent practice of psychology. To obtain the title of psychologist the graduate must continue his or her studies with a second level Bachelor’s degree. First level graduates may, however, after a post-graduate professional internship and registration to Section B of the Professional Association of Psychologists, under the supervision of a professional psychologist, work directly with individuals, families, groups and communities to promote wellbeing, effective educational interventions and the best use of individual and social resources.
Professional fields include those that foresee preventive, diagnostic, and rehabilitative interventions within private or public structures, educational institutions, and third sector organizations, and within a context of psychosocial activities, evaluation, human resources management, assistance, education, promotion of health in collaboration with a professional psychologist.
The course prepares students for the following professions:
- Clinical psychologists and psychotherapists
- Developmental and educational psychologists
- Psychologists of work and organizations
- Techniques of reintegration and social integration
|2||A||BIO/09||Element of Human Physiology||12||9|
|8||B||M-PSI/02||Psychobiology and Physiological Psychology||12||9|
|10||B||M-PSI/08||Clinical Psychology I||6||4.50|
|11||B||M-PSI/04||Psychology of Socialization||6||4.50|
|12||C||MED/25||Element of Psychiatry||6||4.50|
|13||F||Laboratory of Dynamic Psychology||6||4.50|
|14||B||M-PSI/08||Clinical Psychology II||6||4.50|
|16||B||M-PSI/06||Occupational and Organizational Psychology||6||4.50|
|20||F||Laboratory of Clinical Psychology||6||4.50|
|* Electives(among those not yet taken)||CFU/ECTS||US QC|
SECS-P/10 Human Resource Management
M-STO/04 Contemporary History
M-DEA/01 Cultural Anthropology
SPS/09 Sociology of Work