The Bachelor of Political Science and International Relations provides methodical and professional competence in the disciplines of economics, law, history and society. Particular attention is dedicated to comparative and international issues, as well as acquiring a solid grasp of empirical, political scientific, sociological, statistical and economic research methods.
In order to be admitted to the Bachelor of Political Science and International Relations, applicants must possess a valid high school diploma. The Bachelor’s Degree is a 3-year program taught both in Italian or English and offered in an online modality, combining the following different multimedia learning tools:
- Audio-video lessons (accessible through the web platform in an asynchronous way)
- Text materials (accessible through the web platform);
- Self-Assessments: true/false questions, multiple choice, hot-spot image, chart test, role playing, simulations (accessible through the web platform);
- Written assignments requiring the accomplishment of specific tasks in which students show their Mastery of methodologies, tools and critical autonomy.
The final exam of the degree program, intended to assess the technical-scientific and professional preparation of the student, consists of the completion and discussion of a written dissertation.
- 3 years
- 180 ECTS (European Credits Transfer and Accumulation System)
135 US Quarter Credits
The 3-year program, amounting to 180 credits of academic achievement, is organized as follows:
|SPS/02 History of Political Thought||12|
|SPS/03 History of Political Institutions||6|
|IUS/09 Economic Analysis of Law||12|
|SECS-P/04 History of Economic Thought||6|
|SPS/04 Political Science||12|
|SECS-P/01 Political Economy||12|
|SPS/01 Political Philosophy||12|
|M-STO/04 Contemporary History||12|
|SECS-P/02 Economic Policy||12|
|M-GGR/02 Economic Geopolitics||6|
|SPS/06 History of International Relations||6|
|Fundamentals of Informatics||6|
|L-LIN/12 Language and Translation – English||12|
|English language laboratory||6|
|IUS/13 International Law||12|
|IUS/13 Policies for International Cooperation||6|
|SPS/11 Sociology of international relations||12|
|* Electives(among those not yet taken)||CFU/ECTS|
OUTCOMES AND PROFESSIONAL PROFILE
Function in work context:
Graduates in Political Science and International Relations are specialists capable of describing and interpreting the origin, development, functioning and logic of political systems and ideologies, diplomatic, economic and political relations between States, ways of constructing political decisions, their interrelationship with public opinion, government and party activity, reasons and consequences of electoral results. Thanks to the interdisciplinary education in juridical, economic, political-logical, social and historical sectors, graduates may perform a series of high-level organizational, managerial, informative and editorial functions.
Skills associated with the function:
Specific skills in the fields of Law, Economics, Political Science, Social History. Increased interdisciplinary skills and adequate mastery of the method of empirical political science, sociology, statistics, economic and quantitative as well as the comparative method, especially in the discipline of public law.
Career opportunities and professional activities are possible in various sectors, such as within national and multinational private organizations, administrations, agencies, national, supranational and internationals public organizations, NGOs and third sector organizations, in the socio-economic sectors, research and communication (from journalism to marketing). The degree in Political Science and International Relations is the preferred degree for a diplomatic career. Graduates can also complete a two-year practicum at a Labor Consulting firm and take for the qualifying exam for the profession of a Labor Consultant (l.n. 12/79, as amended).
The course prepares students for the following professions:
- Administrative and technical secretaries general affairs - (18.104.22.168.1)
- Acquisition of technical Information - (22.214.171.124.1)
- Interviewers and detectors professional - (126.96.36.199.2)
- Correspondents in foreign languages and similar professions - (188.8.131.52.0)
- Technical organization and management of the factors of production - (184.108.40.206.0)
- Technician of public relations - (220.127.116.11.2)