The Bachelor of Economic Science prepares students to mature into professionals that have an active role in the economic decision-making process. It provides students with a comprehensive understanding of the nature of economics and with the right instruments to operate in financial institutions and organizations public and private.
In order to be admitted to the Bachelor of Economic Science, applicants must possess a valid high school diploma. The Bachelor’s Degree is a 3-year program taught both in Italian or English and offered in a blended modality, combining in-person activities with the following multimedia learning tools:
- Audio-video lessons (accessible through the web platform in an asynchronous way)
- Text materials (accessible through the web platform);
- Self-Assessments: true/false questions, multiple choice, hot-spot image, chart test, role playing, simulations (accessible through the web platform);
- Written assignments requiring the accomplishment of specific tasks in which students show their mastery of methodologies, tools and critical autonomy.
The final exam of the degree program, intended to assess the technical-scientific and professional preparation of the student, consists of the completion and discussion of a written dissertation.
- 3 years
- 180 ECTS (European Credits Transfer and Accumulation System)
135 US Quarter Credits
The 3-year program, amounting to 180 credits of academic achievement, is organized as follows:
|SECS-P/04 History of economic thought||12|
|SECS-P/01 Political Economy||12|
|SECS-P/07 Business Administration||12|
|IUS/09 Comparative Public Law||12|
|SECS-S/06 Financial Mathematics||6|
|SECS-P/08 Marketing in Diverse Environments||6|
|IUS/04 Business Law||12|
|SECS-P/02 Economic Policy||12|
|IUS/05 Financial Regulation and Global Finance||6|
|SECS-P/10 Business Information System||6|
|SECS-P/01 International Economics||12|
|IUS/13 International Law||6|
|SECS-P/11 Global Banking||6|
|M-GGR/02 Economic geopolitics||6|
|* Electives(among those not yet taken)||CFU/ECTS|
|SECS-P/01 Business Ethics
IUS/14 European Union Law
IUS/13 International organization
SECS-P/01 Economics of innovation
OUTCOMES AND PROFESSIONAL PROFILE
Graduates in Economic Science are specialized in tracking the finances of various companies and organizations, which include activities such as analyzing growth, accounting operations for balancing sheets; interpreting and evaluating accounts, following tax procedures and requirements; preparing payroll, compensation and contribution payments. This profession is regulated by state laws.
Skills associated with the function:
Graduates in Economic Science are highly knowledgeable in the economic, financial, tax, administration, and corporate areas of business administration and business law.
Career opportunities foreseen by this degree are within the fields of economics for public and private sectors and social economy; as part of research departments of territorial bodies, bodies of national and international research, in public administrations, businesses, trade unions, and professional bodies. Graduates, once having completed to practicum activity, may access qualifying exams for the profession of an accountant (Sec . B of the Register of Chartered Accountants and Accounting Experts). Graduates can also perform a two-year apprenticeship with a professional labour consultancy firm and take the exam that enables the profession of Labor Consultant (l.n. 12/79, as amended).
The course prepares students for the following professions :
- Accounting - ( 22.214.171.124.1 )
- Technical organization and management of inputs - ( 126.96.36.199.0 )
- Technical financial management - ( 188.8.131.52.0 )
- Technical bank work - ( 184.108.40.206.0 )
- Investment,stock and insurance agents and brokers, and technical professions assimilated – ( 220.127.116.11.0 )