Departments are the scientific structures that organize and manage the University’s study and research activity, the centers where didactics and research conjoin to promote scientific activity of the various fields of teaching. The departments are given organizational and administrative autonomy for the pursuit of their research and work, and each is coordinated by a Director and Department Chair to whom professors and researchers of the relative sector refer.
Departments promote and coordinate scientific and research activities, they support University didactic undertakings and education to research pathways. Each department includes one or more research fields, they, furthermore, benefit from organizational and administrative autonomies in order to effectively pursue scientific and academic goals. The list of Departments with each Director and its own description are available below.
- Department of Sustainability Engineering
Director: Prof. Fabio Orecchini
- Department of Law and Political Science
Director: Prof. Prof. Raffaele Chiarelli
- Department of Economic and Business Science
Director: Prof. Alessandro Gennaro
- Department of Technologies, Communication and Society
Director: Prof. Mario Ricciardi
- Department of Nuclear, Sub-nuclear and Radiation Physics
Director: Prof. Giovanni Briganti
- Department of Innovation and Information Engineering
Director: Prof Gabriele Arcidiacono